What is Team Foundation Server?
Team Foundation Server (TFS) is the collaborative platform at the heart of Microsoft’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution. TFS automates the software delivery process and gives you the tools you need to effectively manage software development projects throughout the IT lifecycle.
Why is this important?
TFS is the marriage of business management to software engineering made possible by tools that facilitate and integrate requirements management, architecture, coding, testing, tracking, and release management. As a three-tiered collaborative platform (client, application, and data) TFS enables the continuous management of an application throughout its lifecycle; governance, development and maintenance.
In short, TFS provides the ALM “sliver bullet” that enables effective collaboration, automates the software delivery process, and, provides management visibility into team performance.
What should you consider?
TFS has many components and business benefits; understanding which are right for you, and which enable your desired business outcomes are key. For example:
- How is your current visibility into your application lifecycle process?
- Would stronger Microsoft and Cross-Platform integration benefit you?
- Do you know which issues are slowing you down/impacting performance?
- Do your application requirements match your business requirements?
What are the benefits to me?
As a social-computing platform, Team Foundation Server helps overcome the complexity of today’s business environment, and, enable the collaboration and increased productivity essential for success, such as:
- Visibility: Where are we now, when will it be done, what are the issues?
- Collaboration: What developer wrote this feature, who do I contact for this requirement?
- Efficiency: How can we do more with fewer resources, how can we automate?
- Traceability: Did we address all the requirements, have they been tested?
- Dashboards: How are we performing?
21st Century Solutions for 21st Century Companies – In today’s new normal, the challenge to reduce costs while growing top line has never been greater. With a 40 year heritage of providing innovative business solutions to many of the world’s foremost organizations, Triple-I Consulting partners with clients to help them reduce overall operating costs and invest in business growth.