What are Mobile Applications?
Mobile applications are software programs ranging in size and complexity that run on mobile devices, are able to connect to Wi-Fi or wireless carrier networks, and have an operating system that supports standalone software.
Why is this important?
As an increasingly mobile workforce, our ability to access information and data from anywhere is no longer a luxury; it is a necessity – an aspect of competitive advantage, as mobility-enabled applications are focused on addressing the same factors driving business and technology change; the need to be more responsive, and, optimize both staff and value chain efficiencies.
The use of interactive applications on mobile devices is more than just a trend. As a disruptive emerging technology, mobile applications are rapidly helping to create entirely new markets and change the way we do business.
One of the great benefits of mobile applications is their ability to interface with systems and applications. While developing a mobile application is a key step in accessing your company data and information, often overlooked is the associated integration and security issues that must be addressed in order to achieve the factors mentioned above.
What should you consider?
Often overlooked, User Interface considerations such as screen size and intuitive design can greatly influence your ease of access to, and, effective use of your company information.
- Do you need a mobile application or a mobile website?
- Can the mobile application work without an Internet connection?
- What are your integration/security issues?
- What are your target devices and their associated screen sizes and resolutions?
At Triple-I, we know how mobile applications, combined with increasingly fast Internet speeds such as Google’s ultra high-speed broadband, accelerates the promise of enterprise mobility.
In order for organizations to fully leverage the benefits and value of mobile applications, we provide:
- Insight on addressing the considerations above in order to best enable your mobility needs.
- Integration expertise across multiple operating systems and platforms.
- Award-winning creative design ensuring an intuitive User Interface and high User Adoption.
How does this help me?
Companies are quickly realizing that the integration of real-time information can drastically improve a company’s ability to compete through; better decisions, faster decisions, shortened cycle-times, and increased responsiveness.