- Demonstrated proficiency with modern DMBS technology (SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience with other DBMS’ such as SQLite, H2SQL, or Hibernate a plus.
- Writes highly complex job scripts using operating system commands to execute sequential procedures.
- Participates in system architecture design activities, including the creation, management and implementation of project plans of high complexity.
- Completes assignments of high complexity.
- Provides support to the application and development support staff.- Supports the highest levels of problem escalation.
- Assists less experienced staff with problem resolution and application of fixes in SQL Server databases.
- Creates and manages status reports including tracking all DBA staff activities and project status updates.
- Provides complex documentation in regard to standards, design, support, implementation and troubleshooting databases and DBMS.
- Assists developers with optimizing SQL scripts.
- Works with developers to allocate complex objects from the data dictionary.
- Works independently, with minimal supervision.
- Interfaces/liaisons with other technical experts, including Architects and Treasury DBA’s.
- Provides training, oversight, mentoring, and guidance to other team members and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in information systems, technology, or equivalent work experience.
- At least one to three years of experience as a lead Database Administrator. At least five years preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in the field of relational database management and/or support.
- At least three years to five of experience with SQL Server database support.
- At least two to five years of experience in complex database design, referential integrity, and modeling.
- Ability to support project-related assignments of long duration and high complexity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Must be available for off-hour and on-call work in the event of outages, problems, and off-hour required changes
- Military experience a plus