Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
- No C2C or Third-Party Candidates.
- No current/future sponsorship available.
- Must be local to Kansas City metro area
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with appropriate parties, including Business Analysts and the Developers
- Facilitate the sharing of information by contributing to the IT knowledge base when appropriate
- Review requirements, specifications and technical development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards
- Thoroughly understands, follows and promotes the use of SDLC and established internal IT and QA processes and procedures
- Contribute to SDLC documentation
- Solid understanding of Testing Automation, can review test automation results and is capable of identifying candidates of test cases to be included in test automation
- Participate and conduct peer reviews of test scripts
- Anticipate, identify and escalate issues/risks. Leverage personal and experiential knowledge to propose workarounds, prevention and/or solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Look for and suggest improvements in efficiencies to reduce costs
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a similar field
- 1-2 years of experience in software testing
- Strong knowledge of relational database, such as Microsoft SQL server and scripting
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming Languages such as C# or C++ and Java
- Fundamental understanding of software development, QA methodologies, test automation framework, tools and processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to adapt to the Ideal Team Player culture
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught
- Customer service skills, such as able to work with customers and build strong relationships
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask with strong time-management skills
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic and a willingness to take initiative
- Works well under pressure and deadline
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE) designation and the ISTQB Certified Tester certification
- Experience in cloud platform like Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with version control tools like Azure DevOps, Git
- Experience in Scrum/Agile software development environment
- Experience working with an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system
- Experience working with automation testing tools
- Local to the Kansas City Metro
Interested in the job? Just drop us an email!
Still have questions? Just email or call us!